Reflection

 What a semester it has been! Overall this class has been a massively enjoyable one and has really made me re-think how I enjoy and view games. Its one thing to be a fan of games and play them, but taking a class like this you really take a step back and look at them from a different perspective altogether. 

I really enjoyed the moments in the projects that involved the back end part of building a game. I am a creative person, have grown up drawing and doing creative things. The moments in the design where we were brainstorming the concept was the most exciting parts for me. 

I really enjoyed working with Construct 3, and would really like to continue that. The small snippet of the game I design, I showed to my daughter and she seemed really excited, I think it would be a really fun idea to maybe sit down with her and use some of the things I learned in this class and design a game with her! 

The best part of the class was how my mentality changed toward games. Before, I only focused on playing the game for what it was... but within weeks of this class I started rethinking every game I played to determine if there was a learning domain or objective that was in it (or could be applied to it) 

I have signed up for the next level of this class, I am looking forward to the challenge it will bring as I would imagine it will be expanding on the concepts from this class, with hopefully completion of a game. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Game Design Process