Reflecting on your Player Type

 


After completing the Quantic Gamer Motivation Survey I was given the gamer type of "Slayer". In general this profile fits me pretty well, as most of the games I have typically enjoyed have put me in the place as the hero trying to "save the day" and really immersed in the story as a pivotal component. However, this profile is a stark contrast to my mentor game for this course. 

My mentor game is Zoombinis, a logical puzzle game that has the player navigating a group of Zoombinis from stage to stage completing random puzzles to get as many of the little creatures to the end. 


So far, there appears to be no action... or "main" character that saves the day. Its just me as the "controller" moving these little creatures from point A to point B, which in my opinion, is a big deviation from a "Slayer". 

Looking at the game from a motivational standpoint, this game could be considered in line with my profile, in that it is very calm and independent... there may be some form of logic (or analytical perspective), but so far I haven't found much (or at least not anything very complex). 

Overall though, Zoombinis, is not a good reflection of my player type. It will be interesting to see how my enjoyment of the game progresses/diminishes the more I play it. Ultimately leading myself to the contemplation, am I a "slayer" and this is not the game for me or am I "told" I am a slayer and thus creating my enjoyment based on that "preset" classification. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Reflection

Game Design Process